This is a replay of the live coaching call from Tuesday, January 12th, 2015.
1. HOW TO WATCH
Just click the play button on the image below and you will be ready to watch! Once the video is playing, you can click on the icon in the bottom right corner of the video to make it full screen.
Please note – there is no sound on the video for just over the first minute. The sound starts at 1:16.
If you have any trouble viewing the video, please email [email protected].
QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU DREAM BIG
One of the topics we talked about in-depth last night was dreaming big. We shared some of our big dreams, how and why these are our dreams, and Crystal shared some questions from The 5AM Miracle to get the wheels turning in your brain if you’re struggling with dreaming big:
- What does the highest and best version of yourself look like?
- What have you always wanted to do but never made time for?
- What would you be amazingly proud of after it is completed?
- What scares and excites you when you think about it?
- What have you tried to do in the past but failed to finish?
- If you had no obstacles with time, money, and energy, what would you accomplish?
- If you had a magic genie at your disposal who could grant you one wish, what would you ask for?
- What brings you incredible joy and would only be amplified if you took it to the next level?
One of the questions that many people had last night was on the difference between priorities and focus areas and goals. We wanted to try to clarify that for those of you who may still feel a little confused:
PRIORITY: A big hat you wear or job/title/jurisdiction you are responsible for. Something that is very impactful/will matter at the end of your life.
Examples of Priorities: Your Business, Your Job, Caring for an Elderly Grandparent, Your Marriage, A Volunteer Position, Developing a Skill
FOCUS AREA: A specific area of development/improvement/learning you want to work on under a priority.
Examples of Focus Areas for Priorities:
Your Business — Earn More Money This Year
Your Job — Get That New Certification
Caring for An Elderly Grandparent —
Your Marriage — Spend More One-On-One Time With Your Spouse
GOAL: A specific, realistic, measurable objective you want to accomplish in a specific timeframe.
We encourage you to set goals that are based upon the Focus Areas you came up with for your specific priorities right now. See the steps outlined in Week #2 to help you walk through this process. There are also more examples of Priorities, Focus Areas, and Goals to help you think through this for yourself and your family.
We’ll start digging deep into goal-setting in the following week and will be sharing more about our current goals in 2016. You can review the Week #1 section in your workbook for more details on Priorities and Focus Areas.
OUR PRIORITIES/FOCUS AREAS FOR 2016
Here are both of our Priorities & Focus Areas for 2016 to give you more examples:
Jesse’s Priorities & Focus Areas:
- Priority: Faith — Focus Area: Consistent, daily devotional time
- Priority: Family — Focus area: Consistent, daily family worship
- Priority: Fitness — Focus area: Working out 4-6 times per week
- Priority: Finance — Focus Area: Saving early for retirement
Crystal’s Priorities & Focus Areas:
- Priority: Marriage — Focus Areas: Spend More One-On-One Time/More Fun
- Priority: Motherhood — Focus Areas: One-On-One Time/Quality Time, Creative Writing/Handwriting
- Priority: Myself — Focus Areas: Rest, Relaxation, Renewed Health
- Priority: MoneySavingMom.com — Focus Areas: More Digital Products/Less Busywork & Travel
Book Quoted Last Night: The 5 AM Miracle
YOUR ASSIGNMENT FOR WEEK #2:
- Read the Week #2 section in the Course Handbook.
- Complete Week #2 Projects in the Course Handbook.
- Come prepared to learn and ask questions during the Group Coaching session next Tuesday evening.
Next week’s LIVE Group Coaching session will be held next Tuesday evening (January 19, 2016) at 9 p.m. EST. We will send information next Monday and again on Tuesday with details on how to login to the Group Coaching video. You should be able to access the live videos from any computer.
Things You Might Want to Know:
- The course officially began on January 6, 2016 and ends on February 2, 2016. The evening live group coaching sessions will be held via video and will be weekly on Tuesday evenings. If for some reason you cannot make the live sessions, a replay will be sent to you the following day.
- You have lifetime access to all course materials, including the replays of the online training so you can access them at any time. This way, in case you are unable to work through course live with us, you can work through it later—at your own pace.
- The evening coaching sessions run for an hour and will consist of 30 minutes of practical teaching and then 30 minutes of Q&A with us. You will have the ability to chat live with other course participants during the live coaching, as well as interact and ask questions of us.
- The evening coaching sessions are held from 9 to 10 p.m. EST on Tuesday evenings. The three remaining sessions will be on January 19, 26, and February 2. We will send you an email the day before and day of with information on how to log into the video session.
- If you are unable to attend the live Group Coaching Sessions, all participants will receive a recording of the entire session via email the following day.
Any questions on anything? Feel free to tweet at us (@moneysavingmom or @jessepaine) or send an email to [email protected]